2/15/09

Live like you were dying.

Tonight, we were driving to danielle's house, but then were suddenly stopped because of a 3-car wreck. Later we found out that as many as seven people were injured and one woman died. We sat there for a minute while danielle was getting directions to another route to go home, and the coroner was there, and they were taking pictures. It was a very sobering experience. Ya, I didn't see the actual accident, but to drive up to the scene of the accident and see the mangled cars, it makes you think. Life can end just like that, before you even blink. Her soul either went to heaven or hell tonight. She'll never walk this earth again..never see her family again..just because someone didn't stop at a stop sign.
Here's the actual article:
http://www.redding.com/news/2009/feb/15/least-one-killed-redding-wreck/
I know there's really no point in me writing this, but more of a reflection or something. It really made me think. I don't need to take life for granted anymore. When my number is called, it'll be too late to go back and change things that once were. My mind needs to be made up. I could die tomorrow, or the next day. That's how fast that is.
I've never had to deal with something like this, so it has really just consumed my mind since we were at the scene.
I guess there's really no way to end this, but to say that you need to live life like it's your last day. Don't take anything for granted. Fall in Love. Be Happy. Have Fun..that's what I plan to do at least.

No comments: