3/9/09

Just rambling nonsense.

Have you ever felt like you're going to make the wrong decision?
Like, you know what the right decision is, but you want to go the other way first, just so you've tried all options?
Maybe this doesn't make sense but I'm so scared that I'm going to make the wrong decision which could ultimately send my soul to hell.
Don't get me wrong, I love church. I love God. He's been soo good to me, more than I deserve. I feel like every time I make a mistake, or I keep making the same mistake over and over, he's finally just going to give up on me. I mean, I've heard stories where God kept trying to reach certain people, and they wouldn't answer him and he finally backed off. That scares me to even think that he would back off of my life, but I'm not sure what to do anymore. I know it's probably not helping that I hang out with bad influences..but I'm not sure what to do.
And yes, I've been praying about this. I've been praying very hard. A lot harder than I ever have in my life.
Basically what it comes down to, is that I'm scared that if I don't make the right decision soon, God is going to come back and I'll spend the rest of eternity in hell.
I know this post doesn't even make sense, but maybe someone could give me some advice on decisions, or just say a prayer when you think of me.

3 comments:

Kendrea Farias Neufeld said...

Hey Abigail, I don't know you very well but I do know this feeling you are having. I have also felt like God was going to give up on me soon because I knew i was doing something 'wrong' But I also know that he knows the hearts of us all and if we really are trying hard to live for Him he won't just cut us off, He isn't like that! I'm not trying to get on here and preach or even act like I know everything but I do know that he loves you and believe it or not there is people all over praying for you. Ever since I found you on FB I have been mentioning your name in my convos with God.... Don't forget I'm not trying to all spiritual and pastoral here! But really I know you will make it if you have the desire to live for Him, and some choices are hard to make but we just have to make em! Hope this helped if not then it helped me realize that no matter what I do I know God is there to forgive and strengthen me if I ask and mean to change...

Abigail said...

You know, my mom tells me stuff like that, and other people tell me stuff like that..but when it comes from someone my own age, it really helps because I know other people can relate.
Thanks for leaving that comment.
And it did really help.
Thank you!
:)

Holly Genevieve said...

Hey Abigail...I do not know you that well either but you and your sister have always had a special place in my heart. I pray for you both constantly. Whatever decision you make just make sure it's one that you are going to be happy with ten years from now. I have failed God and people so many times but I'm here still going strong as a testimony that He doesn't give up. Just know that I'm an email or text away..if you ever need anything. I have been in your shoes and I'm sure a lot of what you're struggling with I have been through. I see a lot of myself in you which is probably why I just adore you. :) Okay enough of that...